Clean Drinking Water Should be a Priority for Everyone
Unless you have lived in a home that has water softening technology you might not know what you are missing. If, however, you are tired of dealing with cloudy etchings on your class and bathroom shower doors that are difficult to keep clean, you might be interested to know that with the use of water softening tablets, the job of keeping your home a lot brighter and cleaner could take a lot less work. In fact, the latest water softeners and water filtration systems can even help you make sure that all of the water that comes into your house is more suited for its intended purposes.
Water not only makes up about two-thirds of who we are, and influences 100% of the processes in our body, it is also an essential part of helping us keep our houses clean and preparing the meals that we cook. For these reasons, it is important to make sure that you are getting the right kind of water into your home. Soft water, for instance, is not good for cooking or drinking, but it does help make it easier to clean bathrooms and make sure that dishes that go through the dishwasher are crystal clear and clean.
Consider how these facts and figures about the water that we use and drink impacts not only our bodies, but also the houses that we live in and the future of the planet:
- With a degree of hardness ranging from 1 to over 10, water hardness is measured in grains per gallon. Hard water is high in mineral salts, especially calcium and magnesium ions.
- The average household uses 350 gallons of water a day.
- More than four out of 10 Americans use a home water treatment unit, according to the Water Quality Association.
- 48 million people in the U.S. receive their drinking water from private or household wells.
- 500,000 tons of pollutants pour into rivers and lakes each day in the U.S. alone.
- 85% of American homes have hard water, which is defined as water that contains high levels of calcium and magnesium.
Summer is a time when many of us need to make sure that we drink more water to stay healthy and cool, it is also a time when many of us have extra laundry and take extra showers. The decision to use water softening systems, as well as water filtration systems can help you make sure that the water that you use is as clean and safe as possible.