7 Pro Tips and Tricks to Sell Your Home Faster
Selling a home can seem like a daunting task. It certainly includes more than putting up a sign that reads, “House for Sale.” There are some things you can do to sell your home quickly. Here are some of them:
- Start with the right price. This can be a hard thing to do but starting with a reasonable price for your house is your first step in selling it. To do this, you should talk with experts on houses for sale. Find out what your house is actually worth. Cut that price by about 10% to 15%. Do not worry that this will lead to you getting less than the value of the home. If you do this, you will see a lot of people looking for a new home. You will get a number of bids for your home and that will drive the price up.
- Make sure your closets are clean and neat. Would be buyers know that your house will be cleared out before they move in but when they see closets that are in disarray, it will make those spaces look smaller. Most people, if they think there is not enough closet room, will move on to the next house for sale. You may want to put some items in storage.
- Do what you can to brighten up your home. That means you need to clean all of your windows, dust the lampshades, and pull down the curtains. You can even get brighter bulbs for your lighting fixtures to make your space look more bright. Prune the trees and bushes around your house to let more light in. Whatever you can do to brighten your home, the better.
- Find a place to keep your pets. Your pets are part of your family. You love them. Not everyone who is on the lookout to buy a home loved animals. First of all, you need to have your home cleaned so there is not a lot of cat fur, dog hair, or bird feathers all over. You also need to make sure the litter box is clean, the food and water bowls are put away, and the animals themselves should be boarded, if possible, on open house days.
- Depersonalize your home. Before you hang you “house for sale” sign, try to get as much of the personal stuff out of your home. This is another good reason to get a storage unit. When people are looking at homes they want to buy, it is easier to see their family in the home and not yours. This is one of the reasons so many people are looking at new houses for sale. These homes have yet to have a family imprint itself upon the home.
- Start your work with the kitchen. In many houses, the kitchen is really the heart of the house. This is the most important room in your home in terms of selling it quickly. Once you have your “house for sale” sign up, you need to think about how to show off your kitchen. Some experts in buying and selling homes go as far as to say that people really buy the kitchen and not the entire house. If you are looking to renovate, this is the room where you should spend your money. Experts in home renovation say the return on investment for kitchen jobs is about 85%.
- Make yourself available for showings. This can be hard but if you can be flexible with the days and times you can show your home to would-be buyers, you will be thankful you did. This means not only do you need to be available to show the house but you have to keep it clean and tidy all of the time. This can make it inconvenient to live in your home but taking the steps to keep everything clean and neat will help you sell the place faster.
It can be very stressful to buy or sell a home but tips like these can help you get your house sold for the price you want and in a shorter amount of time. If you are having trouble, you can also hire a professional stager to help you.